Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Last year, the platform crosses the milestone of 300 million daily active users, who are sending millions of photographs or short videos (called Snap) to each other on the application. Another very popular feature of the application is Snapstreaks. The users who regularly Snap each other form a Snapstreak, which reflects as a number alongside the user’s name on the home screen.
However, the Snapstreak can go away if the users forget to send a Snap for 24 hours. For users who have sent photographs regularly to their friends for hundreds of days, losing the Snapstreak can be very frustrating. Thankfully, users can get their lost Snapstreaks back. Apparently, Snapchat allows users to report to the team if they are facing any issue with the application. Using the feature, Snapchat users can report about the lost Snapstreak and they might get it back within 24 hours. While this method does not guarantee the restoring of Snapstreak, it is the best shot a user has.
How to get back Snapstreak on Snapchat?
- Open Snapchat
- Click on your avatar on the top left corner of the screen
- In the menu that opens, click on the top right corner of the screen to open Settings
- Scroll down to locate the Support section can tap on “I need help”
- In the support page that opens, tap on “Snapstreaks”
- Locate the hyperlink that reads “If you feel there was an error, please let us know” and tap on it
- In the section that opens, select “I’ve lost my Snapstreak”
- Thereafter, Snapchat will open a form that requires basic detail like username, email address, mobile number, device (on which Snapchat is installed), friend’s username and more
- Fill out all the details correctly and stay extra cautious while filling out the spaces for user names
- In the question that asks “Did you see the (hour-glass) icon?” – answer “No”
- After filling out the form, click on the send button that appears below it
- To be on the safer side, ask the friend with whom you had a Snapstreak to report as well
- Wait for a period of 24 hours to check if the streak has been restored